3B1's wsdb (windowing sdb); does it function?

gilbert.m.stewart gmark at cbnewse.att.com
Tue Jul 3 15:06:30 AEST 1990

In article <31310 at cup.portal.com>, thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
> Has anyone gotten the "wsdb" (from WSDB+IN (from the STORE or osu-cis)) to
I've never even heard of this.  Boy, a few days at Walden Pond, and you get
left out of everything! :-)  Anyway, anybody out there feeling generous
enough to send me a copy?

Also, as long as you're out there, anybody got any hints as to what files
to modify to customize what you want to run on login?  That is, for example,
I'd like to use an $L(x) (as in $L0, $L1, etc.) variable to let me log in
on the 3B1 and have it automatically start the phone manager, select a
particular number, dial it, etc., or maybe select a full UNIX window, got
to a particular directory, start an editor...  Doesn't sound like it'd
be too tough.

Finally, as a pie-in-the-sky request, has anybody written or have any leads on
a REAL desktop publishing package for the 3B?  Time was, a 68010 had all the
power you'd need for global weather analysis, but now I don't see much in
the way of WYSIWYG usable layout tools.

As always, thanks in advance!

- Mark

G. Mark Stewart