The old ATT PC6300 clock problem revisited - help needed.

Graham Brand brand at janus.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jul 28 02:47:28 AEST 1990

I have a AT&T PC6300 running (AT&T) DOS 3.3. I have heard various
and sundry horror stories about malfunctions with the time of day clock
but must admit that I haven't experienced any of these - at least not
until now!!

	Up to now, all my programs have worked fine, excecuting the
"time" command works etc. The problem is an accounting program called
DacEasy. When invoked, it comes up with the correct date but wrong time.
Their customer service wasn't any help since all they said was that it
works on their machine and, to be fair to them, the time display does
work on a '386 clone that I tried. Would someone hazard a guess as to
why this doesn't work and whether there is anything that I can do about
it. It is unlikely that DacEasy will modify their program to accomodate
the PC6300 so a general purpose solution would be preferred.

Thanks in advance,
-Graham Brand (brand at janus.berkeley.edu)