3B1's wsdb (windowing sdb); does it function?

Thomas J. Pusateri pusateri at macbeth.cs.duke.edu
Wed Jul 4 00:22:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul3.050630.8709 at cbnewse.att.com> gmark at cbnewse.att.com (gilbert.m.stewart) writes:
>In article <31310 at cup.portal.com>, thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>> Has anyone gotten the "wsdb" (from WSDB+IN (from the STORE or osu-cis)) to

I tried wsdb after grabbing it from the STORE. I was not impressed. It is
basically just sdb in a resizable window. I am a vi user but the best
debugging environment around for the unix-pc is running gdb 3.5 from within
gnu emacs. Of course gdb (available from the osu-cis archives already
compiled) runs just fine without gnu emacs, but the pair together is really
nice. This little arrow follows your source code in one window as you step
through it in gdb. I know its alot of work getting gnu emacs running just for
a good debugger, but in my opinion, its well worth it.

I'm not a total convert to gnu emacs but it has some real advantages in
this case.

Tom Pusateri

pusateri at nbsr.duke.edu
pusateri at macbeth.cs.duke.edu