comp.sys.3b1? (was Re: Monthly posting about Unix-PC networ

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.ssdl.com
Mon Nov 12 17:49:03 AEST 1990

In article <35841 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>The above, coupled with John's other anecdotes, presents a VERY compelling
>case to initiate inquiry into forming a comp.sys.unix-pc.* hierarchy.

As with the original thread of this discussion, I would be more inclined
to make it comp.sys.3b1.*, rather than comp.sys.unix-pc.  Already, we have
had several instances of people who have mistakenly posted to this hierarchy
thinking it was for PCs running UNIX.

I was mildly upset at the thought of the unix-pc hierarchy being so loosely
held-together, as was suggested by the article that Thad followed-up to.
Although making this hierarchy part of comp.sys would solve some problems,
I wonder how much of the comp hierarchy has been censored out before
being fed to downstream feeds.
--
Gil Kloepfer, Jr.              gil at limbic.ssdl.com   ...!ames!limbic!gil
Southwest Systems Development Labs (Div of ICUS)   Houston, Texas