Wanted: 10baseT Ethernet and WIN/TCP for 3B2/[45]00

John Breeden jbreeden at netcom.UUCP
Tue Oct 9 00:24:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct1.173024.29251 at lsuc.on.ca> jim at lsuc.on.ca (Jim Mercer) writes:
>based on the response (actually, total lack thereof) on my query about
>people running production SysV R4 on 3B's, i have decided to investigate
>the availablility of TCP on Release 3.2.1.

Not surprising, AT&T hasn't RELEASED R4 for the 3b2's yet. It may be in beta
though, contact your AT&T Computer Systems person to see if you can get on
the list.

>i am looking for 4 10baseT Ethernet NIC's for 3B2 machi
nes
>i am also looking for 4 packages of WIN/TCP for those machines.
>
>i can buy these direct from AT&T, but i thought maybe i could take them off
>someones hands and free up some shelf space. 8^)
>
>a 10baseT ehternet NIC and WIN/TCP for the 3b1/7300 would be nice as well.

The only ethernet 3b2 card is the NIU (terminates in a 15 pin AUI port). If
you plug in the Starlan AUI adapter (AUI to 10baseT) you're there. The AUI
adapter is fully Draft 10 compatable...oops 10baseT standard.

You don't even need an AUI cable. Just plug the AUI adapter directly
into the AUI port on the NIU.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden at apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden