Running Window3 on ATT6300plus summary (long)

nienchih.wei ncw at cbnewsk.att.com
Wed Oct 31 08:01:31 AEST 1990

Two weeks ago, I posted my problem in running Microsoft
Window 3 on ATT6300+ on the netnews. I get several replies with
helpful hints. I thank you very much. In summary,
a easy and cheap (it was not so cheap a few years ago! was > $250)
solution for color monitor is to use STB board and disable the
6300+ internal graphic board.

There is no real solution for using ATT's memory board as
extended memory. No one have been able to run Win3
standard mode on ATT6300+.

I also called Microsoft Product Support Services (206)454-2030 for
help. I got John Martin on the phone. He is a nice guy. He
called  me back several times with different suggestions. None was
working.  He told me that he would ask help by post the problem in
Microsoft internal corp network. I have not heard any thing yet.

(ANYBODY IN MICROSOFT LISTENNING ???????)

N. C. Wei

-----  To disable internal display card version P4  -------
one has to disable internal display card before using another
display card. To do so, you replace the 74LS00 chip at location
6H on display card with chip header. The chip header will have
following pins connected: 3 to 8 to 11 to 14 and 6 to 7.

-----  Here are two mails I received with useful hints ------