LP as shared resource for 3B2s

Greg A. Woods woods at eci386.uucp
Mon Feb 4 03:15:13 AEST 1991

In article <2003 at ssbn.WLK.COM> bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
> >If you can run UUCP over WIN3b, I'd suggest using one of the many
> >remote_lp scripts which uux lp on the remote system.  You could also
> >use remsh if it works.  RFS for this purpose is over-kill.
>
> It's not overkill if it works IMHO.  I have both of my system printers

Well, I suppose I should have qualified that:  Implementing RFS for
remote printing alone, when UUCP or remsh work, is over-kill.  :-)

> ethernet wizard, but the 3B2 is the least cooperative machine on the network.
> I'm doubtful that I have made some really bone headed mistake because most
> everything else seems to be working OK.  I think I need some email hand
> holding if anyone has the time/patience.

Unfortunately, since we only run Starlan here, I can do no more than
suggest looking for Bill Kennedy's posting to comp.unix.sysv386 titled
"uucp using TLI" <1861 at ssbn.WLK.COM>.

If you can't find a copy, I'll e-mail you one.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada