3b1 BOF in Dallas?

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Wed Jan 2 15:14:17 AEST 1991

Several people have written to me asking for information about the upcoming
USENIX conference so I figured I would just post a short blurb and cover
everybody all at once.

The Winter 1991 USENIX Technical Conference will be held in Dallas during
the week of January 21st through January 25th.  Monday and Tuesday will
consist of all-day tutorials on a variety of subjects and the remainder
of the week will consist of technical presentations ranging in length
from 20 minutes to an hour.  All tutorials and technical presentations
will be held at the Grand Kempinski Hotel.  The cost is $225 for the
technical sessions and $225 for a tutorial.  There is also a $50 late
registration fee (after 1/2/91) and a $50 non-member fee (which also buys
you a years membership to USENIX).  Contact the USENIX conference office
(714-588-8649) if you want more information.

You do not have to be attending the conference in order to attend one of
the BOF sessions, although the conference folk will probably try to tell
you otherwise.  The BOFs are all held in the evening and there is nobody
checking conference id cards at the door so if you are interested in the
3B1/7300/s4/unix-pc/... and you will be in the area (or live in the area)
then "come on down!".
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US    Work: dhb at quahog.ssd.ray.com