Brownouts, shorts, explosions and the unix pc.

David B. Thomas dt at yenta.alb.nm.us
Tue Jan 15 04:39:50 AEST 1991

dwn at swbatl.sbc.com (David Neill-OKCy Mktg 405-278-4007) writes:

>I call this thing a "power interrupt safety switch", and am thinking
>of marketing it... "Commercial power problems?  PISS on it" :-)

I have also seen this invention called an "Irrevocably Interruptible
Power Supply".

My version would also have a timer in it, so it would come on after the
power has been on for 30 seconds.  That way, you get protection against
wild power fluctuations, but unattended operation is still possible.

					little david
--
Computer interfaces and user interfaces are as different as night and 1.