Updates on various projects

Robert L. Haar CS50 rhaar at albert.cs.gmr.com
Wed Jan 23 04:47:10 AEST 1991

In article <38309 at cup.portal.com>, thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
|> Updates on various:
|>
|> 1.	Re: monitors for 3B1, I rec'd a call Sunday and picked up a 14"
|> 	"paper-white" monitor and will be checking it out on the 3B1 this
|> 	week.  Seems lots of different models from many vendors are available
|> 3.	found a source of what-could-be LONG keyboard cables for the 3B1;
|> 	has the "funny" rectangular Berg 8-pin connector on one end and a DB-9
|> 	on the other end; will be using this along with my testing of the
|> 	monitor since I've one 3B1 in a "tower" case.  Stay tuned for details.

Thad, all this sounds interesting. PLEASE send more details as you work
things out.

What kind of tower case are you using? Did you find one that will hold the
3b1 main (metal-enclosed) cabinet intact? If so, what brand?

LONG LIVE THE UNIX-PC !!!!

	Bob Haar  InterNet : rhaar at albert.cs.gmr.com
	Computer Science Dept., G.M. Research Laboratories
DISCLAIMER: Unless indicated otherwise, everything in this note is
personal opinion, not an official statement of General Motors Corp.