xterm /dev/tty fix

karl_kleinpaste at cis.ohio-state.edu karl_kleinpaste at cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 11 00:22:51 AEST 1990

adams at swbatl.sbc.com writes:
   As to the
   /dev/tty problem that hoses getpass(3) (and pg(1), nastily) I've been
   using the "screen" utility (comp.sources - long ago) to get around
   this problem until our soon to happen upgrade to 5.0.

Upgrading to 5.0 may not help.  When this topic last came up here, the
enclosed article was posted.  We changed our xterm sources to
accommodate, and now we have functional /dev/tty in xterm.  Try it,
you'll like it.  Although this person didn't think the change should
fix xterm, it does, at least under 4.4c.

--karl