Error with stdout buffering

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at MASIG1.OCEAN.FSU.EDU
Sun Dec 4 13:00:59 AEST 1988

Environment: IRIS 3130 running version 3.6 of the O/S

When exitting GNU emacs, the stdout buffer does not get flushed.
If I redirect the output to a file, then all the output actually arrives,
but if I don't, then the output of the last several statements
dissappears. The particular problem is that the terminal de-initialization
string does not appear. Yes, fflush(stdout) occurs immediately
after the writes in question.

On a possibly related note, when using breakpoints in dbx, the
message that gets printed when the breakpoint is reached is usually
truncated.

Is this a problem with 3.6?  We did not observe this under 3.5

John D. McCalpin
Mesoscale Air-Sea Interaction Group &
	Department of Oceanography &
		Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
The Florida State University

mccalpin at masig1.ocean.fsu.edu	(requires nameserver to access)
mccalpin at nu.cs.fsu.edu		(in DOD host tables)
mccalpin at fsu			(BITNET or MFENET)