a question for you all...

Steve Philipson steve at eos.UUCP
Sat Nov 5 06:34:17 AEST 1988

In article <21191 at sgi.SGI.COM> dunlap at bombadl.SGI.COM (D. Christopher Dunlap) writes:

>It is possible for us to make the 4D/xx and 4D/xxGT systems (but NOT
>the Power series) run out of a regular 15Amp circuit. This would save
>everyone from having to get special 20Amp outlets installed for their
>workstations. It is certainly a nice thing to be able to do, but it's

>What do you all think? Is the 20Amp circuits a real hassle, or would
>you rather have us spend our time on other things...

  Aggg, Gak!!  Yeah, it's a big deal, but less so now that we've gone
through the pain and suffering of installing those 20 amp lines.  The
major problem that we had at installation was that at the time (about
1 year ago), SGI did not tell its customers that 20 amp lines were
needed.  This caused the loss of considerable time and money when our
machines were to be installed and we had put in 15 amp conditioned power
lines.  15 amp connectors would make our machines much more easy to move
though, so that would be a help.

   Is it alright for us to swap the 20 amp connector on the power
cable to a 15 amp connector?  What are the limitations on machine
configuration that would require a 20 amp circuit?
--

						   Steve
					(the certified flying fanatic)
					    steve at aurora.arc.nasa.gov