videotaping from the iris

Stephen King king at client2.dciem.dnd.ca
Fri Nov 4 23:43:34 AEST 1988

In article <8811012036.AA04802 at aero4.larc.nasa.gov> blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV (Brent Bates TAD/ACB ms294 x2601) writes:
> [...]          There are cheaper ways, but
>you only get about 1/4 of the screen and you have to have the RS-170A option
>on your IRIS.  I hope that helps some.

This does not seem to make complete (hardware) sense: if you have the RS-170
option, then you should be getting the full screen. We do. Must be some
sort of weird software that gives you this problem :-)  Unless you are
saying that information within the confines of the screen is lost; this is
more likely as something has to be sacrificed when moving to the lower
resolution. We have run most of the demos in RS-170 mode with no problem.

Perhaps SGI would care to enlighten us on this matter ?
  {utzoo|mnetor}!dciem!zorac!dretor!king  or  king%dretor at zorac.dciem.dnd.ca
  Stephen J King   =-=   DCIEM Human Factors Division   =-=   (416) 635-2149