IRIS 3XXX End of Life

Dorothy Liu dorothy at madonna.csd.sgi.com
Fri May 4 03:35:06 AEST 1990

In article <58912 at sgi.sgi.com>, dorothy at madonna.csd.sgi.com (Dorothy Liu) writes:

> "Silicon Graphics has shipped over 3500 IRIS 2000 and 3000 series systesm
> since 1984.  Most of these systems are currently in production or research
> environmnets, providing excellent performance and reliability to their
> users.  Silicon Graphics is pleased to have been able to consistently offer
> competitive, state of the art 3D graphics workstations to this demanding
> marketplace.
>
> Since today's "leading edge" products from Silicon Graphics are RISC based
> IRIS 4D and Personal IRIS Workstations and Servers, SGI is not positioning
> the IRIS 3000/3100 product line in the mature phase of its product life.
> In doing so, we are announcing "end of production" on the IRIS 3000/3100
> product line and formalizing the end of production on the IRIS 2000 product
> line.  What this means to out valued customers is the following:
>

> --
Above appears an excerpt of the end of life letter I posted a few days
ago.  I apologize for the inaccuracies--Silicon Graphics IS positioning
these systems as MATURE and what that means to OUR VALUED customers is
what we hope is a fairly complete support program for the next five
years.  As always, I am open to feedback and will be happy to assist
in finding resolutions to any of your issues with the IRIS 3XXX line
whenever possible.  Please feel free to contact me either via e-mail
by phone or by letter.  I will also send hard copies of the original
letter that went out in November to those who request it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Dorothy

--

Dorothy Liu