RPC and XDR used outside of Sun environment

Mark Lawrence drd!mark at uunet.uu.net
Wed Dec 14 20:38:22 AEST 1988

I've used them to implement an interface between a Sun running KEE and an
Alliant.  For the interface program on the Alliant, We used rpcgen on the
Sun to 'compile' the interface specification and then compiled the
resultant code on the Alliant.  Some of the XDR functions that rpcgen
called out were missing from the Alliant implementation.  We simply rolled
our own in those (rare) situations.  Gluing the the Sun c-code and
KEE/LISP code was interesting but doable.