printing LARGE postscript files with transcript

mcneill eplrx7!mcneill at uunet.uu.net
Wed Dec 14 16:57:21 AEST 1988

biggers at dg-rtp.dg.com (Mark Biggers):
> ...has anyone any ideas on how to
> print large (>1mb) postscript files using Transcript?  We can't print
> outside docs (like the X docs) if all we have is the .PS output.  Our
> contact with Sun came back with "install SunOS 4.0" to get Transcript bug
> fixes - not a solution for the near future.

What do you mean by can't print?  Does pscomm Die...does ptroff die???
Does only part of the file print??  What is the specific problem?

anyway...

Transcript works fine here.  If your problem is that only part of the file
is printed then, it may be caused by a lpr "feature".  Default lpr setup
only allows files upto 1 megabyte (it truncates the rest of the file) to
be printed on remote printers.  To fix that, place :mx#0: in the
transcript printer entry (in /etc/printcap) on the remote machines (look
at the printcap man page for details).

    Keith D. McNeill              |    E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    uunet!eplrx7!mcneill          |    Experimental Station
    (302) 695-7395                |    P.O. Box 80357