Request for WORM drive information

Herb Barad rex!barad at decwrl.dec.com
Wed Dec 21 13:05:40 AEST 1988

We are in the market for a WORM drive for our Sun 3's.  Our budget is
limited, so we are considering a 800 MByte drive instead of the higher
capacity 2 GBytes drives.

I talked to a guy from Laser Optical Technology (Santa Cruz) and he quoted
a price of $3,995 (educational price).  He also said that cartridges are
about $250/ea.

Do these prices sound reasonable?  Does anyone know of any better deals?
Any help would be appreciated.  If I get enough responses, I'll post a
summary.  Thanks!

Herb Barad	Electrical Engineering Dept., Tulane Univ.
INTERNET:	barad at ee.tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at bourbon.uucp