Publisher causing crashes?

Jay Albert albert at mssun7.msi.cornell.edu
Thu Dec 1 20:19:45 AEST 1988

Does anyone use Publisher? It is a fancy, TeX-based package for
mathematical text processing. Our version also has some serious problems.
Sometimes it gives a segmentation fault, and other times I think it just
crashes our system. Even when it is running on a client (nd, nfs, yp
client) we experience server crashes. The message on the server is:

Memory Error Register d8<INTR,INTENA,CE_ENA,TIMEOUT>
DVMA = 0, context = 5, virtual address = f3252c2
pme = f30001eb, physical address = 3d72c2
panic: memory timeout error
syncing disks... 28 28 27 23 16 6 done

Anybody ever have similar problems with Publisher?
Replies to albert at mssun7.msi.cornell.edu