Elm on SunOS 4.0?

David J. Camp david at wubios.wustl.edu
Fri Dec 16 03:07:36 AEST 1988

Sunspotters,

We have installed the 'elm' mail package on our Sun 3/260 running SunOS
4.0.  It works, but we have had a number of irritating quirks.  For
instance, when we try to run it on a vt52 terminal, we get this message:

Emergency Exit taken!  All temp files intact!
Seqment Violation signal!

It also has a problem when the user types ^Z, and occasionally the display
is mixed up.

My question:  Has anyone else installed it on SunOS 4.0, or had similiar
problems?  I am interested in hearing your war stories, and especially
would like any patches you have generated.

-David-

Bitnet:   david at wubios.wustl                 Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios at wucs1.wustl.edu       Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wucs1!wubios!david           660 South Euclid
Washington University Medical School         Saint Louis, MO 63110