4mm Dat Beta sites

celerity!cjk at ucsd.edu celerity!cjk at ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 17 06:15:37 AEST 1988

First thing to mention is that I am posting this from a guest account.
The organization that I am posting from is in no way affiliated with this
announcement.

Gigatrend Incorporated, a 4mm Dat tape drive manufacturer is looking for a
few beta sites in the Sun workstation environment, preferably in the San
Diego area but is willing to consider the continental United States.

The product is a 4mm tape drive using Digital audio tape (DAT) technology.
Capacity is in excess of 1 Gigabyte per tape cartridge.  Transfer rate is
192kbyte per sec sustained and 1.5 Mbytes per sec burst.  Scsi, Pertec,
and Qic-02 interfaces are available.  Only the very experienced Beta site
tester should request a pertec interface.

Please do not contact me via email.  You will get a quicker response by
directing all inquiries to:

GigaTrend Incorporated			Tel (619) 931-9122
2234 Rutherford Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Attn: Chris Kevlahan

Thanks. Chris Kevlahan