uustat with OS 3.5-XNS?

cherry.STCWR at xerox.com cherry.STCWR at xerox.com
Wed Nov 23 14:41:42 AEST 1988

I was configuring UUCP on a Sun3/60 running OS 3.5-XNS as well as getting
acquainted with the nature of the Sun utilities.  I have this file
/usr/bin/uustat and when it is invoked, it responds: "Uustat command does
not exist on your system".  The same holds true for /usr/lib/uusub.

Well, I checked out the files and they are right.  The files only prints
their respective messages - they have no other functionality as near as I
can tell.

Any idea why Sun puts these files on the system?  It would make more sense
to just not include them.  These files average 24K each in size and I've
found quite a few these on the system, not just with the uucp package.

Bob Cherry

PUP/GV	: Cherry.STCWR
   XNS	: Cherry:STC WR:Xerox
	| cherry%anb02.CTS:COM:Xerox
  ARPA	| cherry at anb02.CTS.COM
      	: cherry.STCWR at Xerox.COM
  UUCP	: rocksanne!bob
      	| {rocksanne | gryphon | wright}!anb02!cherry

   TPC	: (714) 474-2273
   XPC	: 8 * 825-2273
    MS	: LARH 5007