Get state of a terminal port on an ALM-II?

Leonard Sitongia sitongia at hao.ucar.edu
Wed Nov 23 14:01:09 AEST 1988

System:   Sun-4/280S
OS:       4.0
Category: Operating System / terminal driver

How do I get the state of a terminal port on an ALM-II?  I want to find
out if a user has the terminal stopped (XON, CNTL-S).

Under Berkeley line discipline terminal drivers a process's user structure
has a pointer to a tty structure that contains t_state,
user->u_ttyp->t_state.  t_state is an int that can be tested for the
stopped state.

u_ttyp points to a tty structure under a BSD terminal driver, but under
SunOS 4.0 the include file says "pointer to pgrp in streamtab".

In general, there are no tty structures in the kernel under SunOS 4.0's
STREAMS terminal driver, right?

-Leonard E. Sitongia    System Programmer		 (303) 497-1509
USPS Mail: High Altitude Observatory P.O. Box 3000 Boulder CO  80307
Internet:               sitongia at hao.ucar.edu
SPAN:			NSFGW::"hao.ucar.edu!sitongia"	[NSFGW=9580]