new Sun type-4 keyboards

Jim Morton applix!jim at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 21 01:28:03 AEST 1989

It's interesting to see that in the past year Sun has managed to tick off
a lot of users and sysadmins with things like the Type-4 keyboard, SunOS
4.X, shipping delays, etc. Most of the Sun-Spots readers are highly
technical people, and we still get frustrated by these things.  Think what
the average DOS office user has to put up with. In the old days, "The
customer was always right." We seen many complaints about the type-4
keyboard here, roughly 90% against by my count. Did anyone do any market
research on this new design? If so, the research was clearly flawed. And
the 2 responses from Sun that were posted both had the tone "That's the
decision we made, so live with it." At least Coca-Cola could admit the
screwed up with New Coke. If Sun won't fix this major blunder, maybe some
company like Keytronics will, and make a lot of money doing so.

--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
...uunet!applix!jim
jim at applix.com