Attaching two additional SCSI disks to a 3/80

Thomas A Longstaff longstaf at lll-crg.llnl.gov
Tue Jun 6 12:32:59 AEST 1989

I currently run a 3/60 with OS 3.5 and one 144M Sun shoebox.  I am
replacing the system with a brand new 3/80 with two internal 100M disks.
I also have two Micronet 600M scsi disks.  I'd like to get all of this
good stuff working with my new 3/80.  My question is: with the two imbeded
controllers inside the 3/80, will I still be able to attach two external
scsi disk controllers?  What scsi address should I use for the two
external disks?  I am very worried that the current limit of 2 scsi disk
controllers in my current system will be carried over the the new system.

Actually, I'd also like to put the Sun shoebox (with the built in tape
drive) on the scsi chain as well as the two micronets, but have few hopes
that this will work.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Tom Longstaff				Lawrence Livermore Natl Lab
415-423-4416		 		L-542, Box 808
longstaf at frostedflakes.llnl.gov		Livermore, CA 94550
{lll-crg,harvard,sun,dual,rutgers,seismo,ihnp4}!lll-lcc!longstaf