WANTED: public domain biblio. DB system

wyle at inf.ethz.ch wyle at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 16 23:34:57 AEST 1989

In article <3544 at kalliope.rice.edu>
tarnoff at cme.nbs.gov (Nicholas Tarnoff) writes:

>I tried Refer but had too many problems with it.

What problems?  Please tell us in your summary.

>I would appreciate any suggestions.

1.  Use a commercial db package (eg Oracle) and roll your own.
2.  Get SMART (from Chris Buckly and G. Salton at Cornell) not Don
    Adams and Mel Brooks ;-)
3.  Write your own indxbib using /usr/lib/refer/mkey and inv.

>Please e-mail me your replies and I will post a summary.

Please don't forget the summary.

-Mitch
--
-Mitchell F. Wyle
Institut fuer Informationssysteme         wyle at inf.ethz.ch
ETH Zentrum / 8092 Zurich, Switzerland    +41 1 256 5237