SparcStation 330 Questions.

Dave Gagne daveg at ee.ubc.ca
Thu Nov 16 10:45:00 AEST 1989

We are in the process of working up an order for a bunch of SparcStations
(SS-1's and 330's).  We want to put a large SMD disk on one of the 330's,
and what I am looking for is information on how well this sort of
configuration works.

I would like very much to hear from people who have working
configurations.

  My interests are:

1. 330's with SMD controllers/drives (ie XY7053 or 753, etc).  I am not
   sure if I would prefer to use a 9U slot or one of the 6U slots.  I
   would like to hear from sites which are using either (or both!).

[[Ed's Note: see v8n{172,176,181} -bdg]]

2. Thicknet to thinnet converters.  Our building is wired with thinnet,
   and the new SPARC's have only thicknet.  Ideally I would like something
   that plugs into the thicknet port on the SPARC and has thinnet coming
   out the other end.

[[Ed's Note: see v8n{180,187} - these are going the other way (thick->thin)
but these two suggestions apply for thin->thick also, I'd imagine. -bdg]]

Dave Gagne.
daveg at ee.ubc.ca
...!ubc-cs!ee.ubc.ca!daveg