Personal Iris on a network

Ed Rodriguez ed at cs.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 16 08:54:02 AEST 1989

Prior to our receiving two personal iris systems, our network consisted of
a few Sun workstations.  Most users communicated with the Sun's through
terminal servers.   The Pi's have been added to the network but response
sometimes is very sluggish for users communicating directly through the
servers.  Response time to the Sun's remains the same.  We have noticed
that if a user first connects to a non-pi system and telnet's from that
system to one of the pi's, response is very good.

Has anyone also experienced this?

Ed Rodriguez

rodrigueze%tuva.sainet at nmfecc.arpa