New 'X-Refs' field

Bob Greene rgreeneb at ricevm1.rice.edu
Thu Nov 16 11:31:44 AEST 1989

I have finally finished debugging the routines for building the 'X-Refs'
field up, so all future issues of Sunspots will contain this handy
reference in the header. This information can be used to easily backtrack
and retrieve (or find) all the other issues that contain information on
a given topic. Additionally, this should help to cut down on some of
the repetitive postings of the same question over and over again which
I have heard a few complaints about. For normal questions, I run the
X-Ref generator over the last 50 issues, if I see one that I think
might have an answer in the archives somewhere, I'll run it over the
entire archive manually (I don't do this for all questions just because
it takes a long time to run :))

Thanks for all of your suggestions and feedback over the last several
months - I hope that Sunspots (comp.sys.sun) will be able to continue
to improve and better serve the Sun user community as time goes on.

Bob Greene                           Sunspots (comp.sys.sun) Moderator
RGREENEB at RICEVM1.BITNET              ONCS, Rice University
RGREENEB at RICEVM1.RICE.EDU            Houston, Texas, USA 77002
...!psuvax1!rice!ricevm1!rgreeneb