How I can FTP from Europe to USA ?

EAJUAN at TOP.UPC.ES EAJUAN at TOP.UPC.ES
Wed Nov 15 03:32:00 AEST 1989

> On several of the back issues of SunSpots there are references to freely
> available programs installed on several servers all around the world.
>
> I am very interested on accessing several servers in the USA with public
> domain software. However, here in Spain we have no direct access to the
> USA ARPA net. So the question is : how can I manage to FTP to these
> servers ?

I have received two answers to these question. One from Dietrich Bartel
(ZDV043 at DJUKFA11) and another one from Marcel Bernards (ESU0130 at HPEENR51).
Both of them suggest the same solution : making use of BITFTP, a package
installed on a server in Princeton University and allowing to access ARPA
from BITNET. I have tried it and it runs pretty well !

For further information, send a HELP message to BITFTP at PUCC.

           Joan Ilari i Valenti     EAJUAN%EBRUPC51.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
           Assoc. Professor         EAJUAN%TOP.UPC.ES at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU