Looking for Amiga <--> SPARCstation 1 disk exchange utilities

Paul Lindner plains!umn-cs!LOCAL!lindner at uunet.uu.net
Mon Dec 10 14:55:13 AEST 1990

In <724 at brchh104.bnr.ca> john at nereid.jpl.nasa.gov (John Veregge) writes:

>In article <630 at brchh104.bnr.ca>, Chris_F_Chiesa at cup.portal.com writes:
>|> Is there any utility, PD or otherwise, for either the Amiga or the SPARC-
>|> station, which will allow either of them to read/write the other's disk
>|> format?  ...

>I am also interested in Amiga <==> Sparc disk transfers.

[a little plug about mtools here]

Another possible solution is to convince your sysadmin to upgrade to SunOS
4.1.1.  There are a few new goodies in this release such as [drum roll
please] a pcfs.  [i.e. MS-DOS based filesystem]  I haven't had much time
to play with it.  (Upgrading 30+ machines to 4.1.1 does that to you!)  But
I was able to format a pc disk and mount it as a file system.  Really
cool.  Try it, you'll like it!

Paul Lindner, Univ. of MN   \ Microcomputer /  Pauls Law: You can't
IT Sun dude, & UofM ACM pres \ Workstation / fall off the floor.
lindner at boombox.micro.umn.edu \ Networks  / {...!rutgers!umn-cs!lindner}