Front end for SPSS database on SS1+

Bruce Allen ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Tue Jul 24 07:54:45 AEST 1990

I am posting this question for wmcmahon at urc.uwm.edu.  Please reply to
him directly.

We have a large SPSS system file (75 Mbytes).  We want to access the data
through a front-end, with full-screen editing and updating capabilites.
If possible this should run both on the SS1 and on attached PC and Mac
terminals.  The idea is that someone could use the front end to add,
update, and delete records, and make queries.

If you know of a commercial or public-domain system that will do this,
please e-mail wmcmahon at urc.uwm.edu.

We are aware that new versions of SPSS allow users to read SPSS system
files from several existing commercial database environments (Informix,
Ingress, Oracle, etc).  Is there any other alternative (we don't want to
support *two* different environments).