Results of Sun's "Multi-Site Satellite Computer Auction"?

Tim Wood mtxinu!sybase!ohday!tim at ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 4 07:40:22 AEST 1990

In article <9249 at brazos.Rice.edu> jason at cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) writes:

>Anybody out there participate in this auction? What kind of prices were
>there? How big were the lots? Who was making the *big* buys?  They didn't
>have any satellite hook-ups in this neck of the woods.

Attendance was sparse (maybe 10% of capacity in San Jose).  Bidding was
slow, prices were soft; I did quite well on a 4/110 and OK on 2 386i's.
Most lots allowed individual unit purchases; a few lots were sold as bulk
quantities.  For separate lots of the same item, bids were first taken for
single units, then the remaining units were re-auction in quantities until
all sold.  Leasametric was a big buyer.

BTW, I'd like to sell one of the 386i's, below my cost.  See misc.forsale.

Sybase, Inc. / 6475 Christie Ave. / Emeryville, CA / 94608	  415-596-3500
tim at sybase.com          {pacbell,pyramid,sun,{uunet,ucbvax}!mtxinu}!sybase!tim