X11 release 4 ddx/sun/sunCG3C.c variables undefined, SunOS3.5

richard at unipalm.co.uk richard at unipalm.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 18:49:14 AEST 1990

> My build of X11.r4 on my home 3/50 failed, with the four variables
> CG3[A,B]C_[MONOLEN,ENBLEN] left undefined. In order to get all of R4 on my
> available disk I removed my R3 sources, and may have committed a
> configuration error in the R4 build (in the R3 sources the same variables
> were also not locally defined).

The best thing to do is to comment out the whole of that module. Since it
is only required for CG3 framebuffers (386i or Sparc machines).  This will
also have the benefit of reducing the size of the server. On a 3/50 with
4MB, every little bit helps.

You will also need to comment out a few lines in sunInit.c so that those
routines are not referenced. (In the

sunFbDataRec sunFbData[]

declaration).

If you are only ever going to run this server on a 3/50, you could do all
sorts of other tuning, removing all colour frame buffer support and
removing all the cfb code that isn't required.

Hope this helps.

Richard Nuttall                                richard at xtech.uucp
XTech, Cambridge, England                      ukc!acorn!unipalm!xtech!richard
Tel: +44 954 211862                            richard at unipalm.uucp