Bootparamd's choice of possible router?

Steve Giovannetti steve at arezzo.siemens.com
Wed Jul 18 02:18:42 AEST 1990

When a client is booted from a SunOS4.0.3 server, it requests information
from bootparamd on the server by issuing a WHOAMI rpc.  The reply contains
the client's name, the domain name, and a router address.  By what method
does bootparamd choose this router address?  We are experiencing some
problems on our network because of the choice of routers that bootparamd
is making for our clients. It seems as though bootparamd looks directly
into the servers route tables.  Is there a way to over-ride this behavior?

 Steve Giovannetti   				(steve at learning.siemens.com)