X Terminals - problems with Sun SparcStation 1

Nasser K Ghazi ghazi at airgun.wg.waii.com
Tue Mar 27 02:07:40 AEST 1990

I need some help. I am running a Tektronix XN11 Color X-station (X
terminal).  I have no problems with hanging it off an IBM RT/135 running
AIX Windows (X11 Rel 3) in the sense that it does not kill the RT console.

On the other hand, if I try to run xterm off a Sun SparcStation 1, I am
unable to maintain concurrent X sessions on the Sun console and Tektronix
X-Station. the error message indicates that all sockets are in use.

Could someone who has a grip on this problem please help me out ?? the
same thing happens with a Visual BW X-station.  I have X11 Release 4
running on the SparcStation. the Sun folk think it is perhaps a X11.4
xterm problem. is that so, or is it just a silly licence/install problem
??

Nasser K. Ghazi
e-mail: uunet!airgun.wg.waii.com!ghazi
(713) 963-2391