Looking for info on 4mm DAT for Sun 4/280

Tim Knox timk at mipon2.intel.com
Fri Mar 9 07:39:00 AEST 1990

We are in the process of evaluating 4mm DAT backup subsystems for our Sun
4/280 fileservers.  I've contacted Summus Computer Systems and Tri-Star
Technologies, which look the most promising so far... but does anyone out
there have some other vendors I might consider?  Or better yet, is there
someone who has a 4mm DAT backup system setup on their Sun fileserver?
How it it performing?  Problems with the vendor?  What things should I be
on the lookout for?  Any and all input greatly appreciated.

(We've investigated 8mm in the past and definitely want to go with 4mm DAT
over Exabyte.)

	Tim Knox (timk at mipon2.intel.com)
	Intel