Problems with libc_resolv.so.sun4 from uunet

Robert E. Wargaski Jr. wargaski at acns.nwu.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:09:01 AEST 1990

I have installed BIND on our SPARCstation 1 gateway/server machine (OS
4.0.3), and grabbed the libc_resolv.so.sun4 from uunet.uu.net in order to
be able to use the name server with telnet and ftp.

When I installed the file as /usr/lib/libc.so.1.3.1 (per instructions),
everything worked fine (i.e. telnet and ftp queried the name server).

When our gateway/server machine crashed later in the day, all of the other
SPARCs were unable to use the gateway/server's printer, and were unable to
mount the gateway/server's disks.

A removal of /usr/lib/libc.so.1.3.1 and a reboot cured all of the
problems.

Now my question:  what modifications must be made in order that I may use
the new library on all of the SPARCs?

Help will be much appreciated.

Robert E. Wargaski Jr.			| This is stupid. -- Vila
wargaski at acns.nwu.edu			| When did that ever stop us. -- Avon
NU Distributed Systems Services		| . . . #include <disclaimer.h> . . .