uucico problem

Marc Shannon SYNFUL at DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU
Fri May 4 23:09:00 AEST 1990

In article <7251 at brazos.Rice.edu>, whitney!vlb at sunkist.west.sun.com (Virginia L. Baca) writes:
> I am having a problem connecting to usenet with uucp.  Every time I try to
> uucico -r1 -x5 -suunet we DO NOT have a problem.  When I try uucico -r1
> -suunet, I get hung up for 5 minutes waiting for the slave to respond with
> 'H'Y or N. uucico gets timed out with "BAD READ expected 'H' got FAIL".
> Since uucico will only work with the -x option, I don't have a copy of the
> failed script.

I was experiencing a similar problem with my Data-over-Voice connection to
CMU at 9600 bps (anyone know a way to allow UUCICO to work at 19200? :-)).

My problem was that I was sending the signon data too fast.  Our Micom
port selector couldn't handle the data being typed in at true 9600 bps.
Once I inserted a \d between each character sent, everything went fine.

It's hard to believe that this would be your problem as well, especially
since you're running at 2400 baud, but anything's possible.

| Marc Shannon                                 Internet Address (Bitnet name) |
| VAX Systems Programmer               SYNFUL at DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU (DRYCAS) |
| Carnegie-Mellon University                  R602MS5U at VB.CC.CMU.EDU (CMCCVB) |
| (412) 268-6290              "I mean, really, what could possibly go wrong?" |