Sun 3/260 Video problems?

Ted Nolan ted at usasoc.soc.mil
Thu May 3 06:29:45 AEST 1990

Has anyone out there been having problems with the video on Sun 3/260s?
We have 9, with monochrome displays, and out of these, the video has gone
bad on 5.  We've had no problem with our 2 3/280s, which I thought was
basically the same thing except rack mounted.

When I say "gone bad", I mean does not work at all (we have to put dumb
terminals in as replacement consoles).  The machines are out of warranty,
and we have no support contract, so we can't really go to Sun about it,
but anyone's experience on how to fix or avoid this would be highly
welcome.
				Ted Nolan
				ted at usasoc.soc.mil