Early SS1's and OS 4.1

George Nassiopoulos nassio%ssp23 at endor.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 13 04:03:39 AEST 1990

Page 8 of the SunOS 4.1 Release & Install Manual (part # 800-3802-10)
implies that a `few' SPARCStation 1's with CPU boards with numbers below
501-1382-10 `may' not work on OS 4.1.

Does anyone have any more information about this? Does this apply to
diskful, dataless, and diskless machines equally? Is there a work around
besides replacing the CPU?

Has anyone with CPU boards below this number had any problem running their
SS1's on 4.1? (I believe the number is easily visible if you pop the cover
off the `pizza box')

Our SPARCStations have cpu board numbers in the vicinity of:

	5011382045706

Am I correct in assuming that my number is lower than 501-1382-10 ?

Please e-mail responses to me and I will post a summary.