207 MB Drives in SS1(+)'s

Robert L. Howard rhoward at msd.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 27 10:00:00 AEST 1991

I want to add some storage to some of our hosts, all SS1's and SS1+'s.
Currently, they all have no (0) internal disks.  Sparc Station 2's come
with an internal 207 MB disk, you can add another to make two.

Sparc Station 1+'s come with an internal 104 MB disk, you can add another
to make two.  Can you put a 207 MB disk in a SS1+ (or an old SS1)?

I understand that part of the consideration is the power supply...if I
only have one 207 MB disk, will that consume more or less power than two
104's?  Is it possible to actually put two 207's in a SS1+?

[[Ed's Note: Two disks internally is the max, and I think 207Mbyte is the
largest Sun sells for internal expansion - of course, you can always add
external SCSI drives (669 Mbyte from Sun) to get lots of space. -bdg]]

Thanks,
Robert

| Robert L. Howard             |    Georgia Tech Research Institute     |
| rhoward at msd.gatech.edu       |    MATD Laboratory                     |
| (404) 528-7165               |    Atlanta, Georgia  30332             |