SLIP under SunOS 4.1 (and 4.1.1)

Phil Ritter flood!phil at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jan 11 11:54:50 AEST 1991

Can someone tell me how to get SLIP to work with SunOS 4.1.  I am using
the UofToronto streams SLIP along with gated, sliplogin, and the version
of tip modified to do dialup-slip.  It all seems to work under SunOS
4.0.3.  When I use it wit 4.1 my kernel crashs with "panic: mclput" a few
moments after establishing the first TCP connection (every time).  It does
not seem to crash as soon if gated does not is not running, but then the
routing info does not get passed around right.  Any suggestions?

My systems are a SparcStation SLC running 4.1.1 and a Sun 4/370 running
4.1 PSR-A (i.e., IPI disks).

Please respond via mail to pritter at sape.mdc.com (or phil at flood.com, but I
read my mail there less often).

Thanks,