Openwindows doesn't work on new install of 4.1.1

KOMARNITSKY ALEK O komarnit at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Wed May 1 09:00:00 AEST 1991

In article <2721 at brchh104.bnr.ca> Davison at uh.edu (Dan Davison) writes:
>I just installed 4.1.1 on my Sun-3/80, 2x104 MB disk, 8MB memory.  When I
>try to use Openwindows, I get dumped back to the shell prompt with some
>strange error messages.  If you've seen something like this or know how to
>fix it, I would appreciate hearing from you.
>XNeWS: can't find fonts
>        ld.so: libX11.so.4: not found
>
>Which is true, it's libX11.so.1 in /usr/openwin/lib.

Umm, seems to be you might want to re-install. I was able to get
OpenWindows and OS on a Sparc1 (larger executables) with 80 Megs of swap
on 2X104 drives.  For XNeWS, maybe it does require the "extra" fonts ?!?
On the ld.so problem, doesn't one need to have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set as
described in the manual (or have ldconfig'ed /usr/openwin/lib) in order
for it to find these (?)

My apologies if my memory is faulty.
Alek Komarnitsky (Dumb MBA Student), University of Colorado