parameters for (r)dump to an exabyte

Ken Trant trant at empower.corp.sgi.com
Wed Jun 26 09:48:24 AEST 1991

 The parameter used (6000) is wrong. The way I read his command line is he wants
a level 0 dump, write the successful completion to /etc/dumpdates, tape length of
6000 feet, density and dump device.
 The exebyte is 112 meters or 4409.44 inches, or 453572 bpi (2000Mbytes on American
exabyte tapes). I use 408215 as a density (minus 10%) for saftey sake.
Also remember to use the no rewind device for multiple volumes on 1 tape.

 Good luck

--
 Ken Trant <trant at sgi.com> / Third Star to the right
 Information Services,       / And straight on till