New product?, AIX 3.0

Chet Ramey chet at cwns1.INS.CWRU.Edu
Fri Feb 9 10:17:44 AEST 1990

In article <1031 at applix.UUCP>, jim at applix.UUCP (Jim Morton) writes:

+ I read in Unix Today! that the new AIX 3.0 has the Korn shell as the
+ default shell, if you want the Bourne shell you have to get to it by
+ /bin/bsh. I wonder what rocket scientist made that decision...it's
+ lots of little break-the-Unix-tradition things like that that made the
+ original RT piss off so many users and developers. I wonder what other
+ "favors" they've done for us in AIX 3.0 ... (and OSF/1! :-> )
+ --
+ Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
+ ...uunet!applix!jim    jim at applix.com

Who cares?  According to the information I received, AIX 3.0 won't run on
the RT anyway.  If it won't run on what we've got, who needs it?

Anyway, lots of AT&T folks have reported running with ksh as /bin/sh with
no troubles.

Chet Ramey				"Can't you pay a grad student to
Network Services Group			 read the manual for you?"
Case Western Reserve University			-- Bill Wisner,
chet at ins.CWRU.Edu				   	to Peter Honeyman