tahoe telnet works better than AIX telnet

David J. Camp david at wubios.wustl.edu
Sun Jan 14 15:24:49 AEST 1990

When I ran the AIX-supplied telnet out of the box, I found that I was
losing many characters on full screen applications.  I have managed to
compile the tahoe release of telnet and have gotten that working on my
AIX PS/2.  It does not lose characters when it is the only active
process.  If I use the Usability Services to start a couple of copies,
it starts losing a few characters, but not as bad as with AIX telnet.  I
am still looking for an explanation and solution to the problem I am
having with AIX telnet.  The tahoe telnet failed in grand fashion when I
told the host I was a vt100, but it could behave as a dumb ansi terminal
just fine.  -David-

Bitnet:   david at wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios at wugate.wustl.edu   < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wugate!wubios!david         v      660 South Euclid
Washington University (314) 36-23635               Saint Louis, MO 63110