User Directories

Haiyan Wang wangh at beasley.CS.ORST.EDU
Mon Apr 29 03:55:30 AEST 1991

In article <223 at bria.UUCP> uunet!bria!mike writes:

>Again, simply backup, delete, and recreate the /usr filesystem; not including
>the backup, it's 10 minutes worth of work.  Not worth complaining about, IMHO.

Don't you have to reload from tape? :-(.
By the way, backup and reload are the major part of the whole work. They are
going to take at least 2 hours to finish. Of course, you can skip these two
steps and come up with a empty /usr. What a achievement!!!

I'm complainning because the SE could do the right thing at very beginning and
he did not. We are paying him $$$ for service. He's the one earning big $$$
by doing the job.

>--
>Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
>Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike
>If MS-DOS didn't exist, who would UNIX programmers have to make fun of?

Guangliang He
ghe at physics.orst.edu