NFS woes

Tom G. Kile tgkile at sem.brl.mil
Thu Feb 7 06:47:08 AEST 1991

In article <15093 at smoke.brl.mil> tgkile at sem.brl.mil (Tom G. Kile ) writes:

>How do I get
>smit to recognize that I no longer want to nfs mount the remote filesystem?
>Where is it keeping the information on the remote machine?  It's not
>in /etc/fstab, and I grepped through all the rc files I could find with
>no success.

Thanks to Daniel A. Prener <PRENER at IBM.COM> who pointed me in the right
direction:  remove all files in the directory /etc/sm.bak

The machine was so bogged down that I had to boot from floppies to
remove /etc/sm.bak and comment out the entries for statd and lockd
in /etc/rc.nfs.  This allowed the machine to respond well enough to
make use of info.  The relevant sections are: (search on etc/sm.bak)
Maintaining the Network Lock Manager, statd Daemon, lockd Daemon.

The /etc/sm directory and /etc/state also had to be removed.  The remote
filesystem had already been removed from /etc/filesystems (not /etc/fstab).

Thanks to all who responded,

Tom Kile
tgkile at brl.mil