AIX DNS bug?

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sat Feb 2 02:01:05 AEST 1991

In article <640 at bcstec.boeing.com> ced at bcstec.uucp (Charles Derykus) writes:

>  I'm having a domain name resolution problem with AIX. Apparently, recursive
>lookup toward the root does not work, e.g.,

>Has anyone encountered this?  Any help much appreciated.

Yes, I have commented on this before. BIND on the 6000 is very backlevel,
on the 370 and PS/2 it has been updated but apparently not on the 6000.
You should open an APAR with your official support contact on this and
perhaps get them to update their code to get into sync with the rest of
the family :-}.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for LCC or IBM

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM